Opalescence teeth whitening gel is one of the best teeth whitening options available for your teeth. Get deep insight into the ingredients in opalescence gel, how it works and its benefits. Also, learn more about the ‘Take home’, ‘Ready to go’ and ‘In-office’ options of opalescence gel in order to choose the option that fits your needs and lifestyle.
Advancement in teeth whitening systems has allowed dental professionals to provide their patients with the best teeth whitening systems and products that make their smiles whiter, brighter and healthier. Opalescence teeth whitening gel is one of the most common products that are used in whitening teeth. It is a product made by Ultradent Incorporation and hence it is sometimes referred to as Ultradent opalescence. Opalescence is a professional teeth whitening gel that offers a comfortable whitening experience and excellent results. Opalescence whitening is safe, effective and absolutely reliable. Ultradent Opalescence PF Teeth Whitening Gel has been the leading whitening gel for many years now!
Over the years, over-the-counter products have been used in at-home teeth whitening systems. Opalescence gel can be tailored to provide professional teeth whitening at home! It offers one of the most popular, steadfast and possibly the best take-home professional teeth whitening product in the market today.
The best way to get the whitening results you want is by collaborating with your dentist. Since your dentist knows your teeth health, he can make recommendations that will see you get the best results. Teeming up together with your dentist also ensures that the results are achieved in a time frame that works best for you. Besides, your dentist may help you understand the teeth whitening process. Above all, he will monitor your progress and treat any teeth sensitivity issues that may arise from the teeth whitening process.
Ingredients in opalescence teeth whitening gel
The main ingredients in opalescence are carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide and a mixture of fluoride and potassium nitrate. The active ingredient in the opalescence teeth whitening gel is carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide. The active ingredient is activated by a special gel of a mixture of fluoride and potassium nitrate. Whitening gel and activation gel are mixed together in calculated proportions to form opalescence tooth whitening gel. The other ingredient present in opalescence are:
- Water (aqua)
- Sodium hydroxide
- Flavor (aroma)—mint and melon flavors only
Carbamide peroxide may preferred to hydrogen peroxide in opalescence gel. Carbamide peroxide is a lower dosage formula of hydrogen peroxide. Its strength is about one third compared to that of hydrogen peroxide. It is hence considered by dentists to be safe for at-home use and for use over a longer period of time than hydrogen peroxide. Carbamide peroxide is also much more stable than hydrogen peroxide, which deteriorates rapidly on storage shelves. Generally, doctors recommend carbamine peroxide for at-home teeth whitening products but hydrogen peroxide for professional teeth whitening use only.
Opalescence 10% PF, 15% PF, 20% PF, and 35% PF Concentrations
Opalescence exists in four different concentrations of PF (Potassium nitrate and Fluoride), for a wide treatment flexibility. The four concentrations are Opalescence 10% PF, Opalescence 15% PF, Opalescence 20% PF, and Opalescence 35% PF. The different concentrations of potassium nitrate and fluoride are supposed to suit each patient’s individual situation and different oral health needs. The different concentrations all give the same professional results, only it takes a longer period of time to achieve the results with a lower concentration formula. The wear times varies from 30 minutes to overnight.
How opalescence tooth whitening work?
You may already know that whitening actually works, but do you know how it works? Get deep insight into the science behind teeth whitening systems that delivers the much desired bright, white smile.
Stains on teeth can be classified in one of two ways: extrinsic teeth stains or intrinsic teeth stains. Extrinsic stains appear on the surface of your teeth. Intrinsic stain causing substances infiltrate into the micro-cracks in your enamel and dentin and stay there.
Teeth whitening toothpastes and mouth rinses may remove some of the extrinsic stains on your teeth. Stubborn extrinsic stains can be removed by teeth whitening agents. Since intrinsic stains are not on the surface of your teeth but deep within the enamel and dentin, they can only be removed using teeth whitening argents.
Opalescence gels contain an active whitening ingredient, either carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide, that penetrates your enamel to get to discolored molecules causing teeth stains. The oxygen molecules from the whitening agents react with (oxidize) the discolored molecules in your teeth. As a result, the discolored molecules are broken down. This makes them lose the discoloring color and leave your teeth bright and sparkling white.
Opalescence teeth whitening options
Opalescence completely caters to your lifestyle and oral health needs. It is complete set of professional teeth whitening products with options to fit different lifestyles and needs. Opalescence teeth whitening products deliver professional results. With opalescence, you can whiten your teeth overnight in the comfort of a take-home custom tray, use a ready-to-go prefilled tray, or get instant results with an in-office treatment. Get insight into the complete set of opalescence products and see your dentist to learn more and start whitening with Opalescence today. There are three options available. Choose the one that one that will suit you best.
1. Take home
Opalescence take-home whitening gel best suits people who want a lot of choices on how, where and when to carry out the whitening treatment. With four different concentrations and three flavors in this opalescence option, you free to choose one that you can wear for about 30 minutes per day or even overnight! Opalescence take-home whitening gel is dispensed only by a licensed dental professional. It enables you to get excellent whitening results in a customized, harmless and effective way at your convenience and in the comfort of your own home.
The take-home Opalescence tooth whitening gel contains PF (potassium nitrate and fluoride). Potassium nitrate help reduce tooth sensitivity. While fluoride help reduce cavities and strengthen enamel. It is formulated such that it prevents dehydration and shade setback
2. Ready to go
Opalescence ready to go is prefilled in disposable trays. It is ‘ready to go’ once out of its package since it does not require custom trays. Opalescence Go is the specialized alternative to over-the-counter teeth whitening systems. Opalescence Go requires no impressions, no models, no lab time. It is sleek and comfortable with discreet, clear tray material. It is also available in different concentrations and three flavors: Peach, Melon, and Mint. It also contains PF (potassium nitrate and fluoride). It’s a simple, fast, and convenient way to start your whitening treatment.
The In-office option is known as Opalescence Boost. For dramatic professional result in about an hour, choose Opalescence Boost. It is a chemically activated whitening treatment that offers quick results. It does not require the hot uncomfortable heat. It also contains PF (potassium nitrate and fluoride). It’s perfect for those individuals who want instant teeth whitening experience. This option can be very useful to those who require a bright, white smile in special event with a short notice.
After choosing the product that fits your lifestyle and oral health needs, you will follow opalescence directions and procedure to whiten your teeth. Opalescence tooth whitening instructions are very clear and easy to follow. Kindly note that different procedures are used depending on the choice of product made.
Opalescence teeth whitening after-use care
Whitening your teeth is one thing and maintaining their sparkling white appearance is another. Once you have attained your stunning smile, it’s your responsibility to keep it looking shining. You will simply be required to observe opalescence directions regarding after-use care. You can keep your bright smile with the Opalescence after-care products
Opalescence after-care products will certainly help keep you smiling radiantly! They will provide the perfect balance of flexibility and rigidity among different individuals. Opalescence Whitening Toothpaste, opalescence toothbrushes and Opalpix toothpicks are perfect for preserving your healthy, bright, snowy smile.
Opalescence Whitening Toothpaste is available in two formulations: Opalescence PF (with potassium nitrate and fluoride) and opalescence original. Opalescence toothpaste comes in two flavors: Vanilla Mint and Cool Mint to cater for different tastes. It is safe for multiple uses within a single day.
Opalescence Toothbrush provides great access to hard-to-reach areas. It gently but effectively cleans teeth and gums. It is also has an easy-grip handle that enhances your cleaning experience.
Opalpix toothpicks will certainly prove instrumental in cleaning your teeth. They are arguably like no other toothpicks you’ve ever tried before. Their thin tip design cleans between teeth with ease and they do not splinter or break while in use.
Benefits of opalescence teeth whitening
Opalescence whitening grants you an opportunity to work together with your dentist to get the bright, white smile that you’ve have always yearned for! The benefits of using opalescence teeth whitening gel include the following:
- Opalescence teeth whitening gel contains PF (potassium nitrate and fluoride). Dentists have proved that potassium nitrate helps reduce teeth sensitivity. It works by infiltrating the enamel and dentin to the pulp chamber of the tooth to calm the nerves. Dentists have also ascertained that fluoride not only helps reduce cavities but also strengthen enamel. Potassium nitrate and fluoride together help to improve the general health of your teeth.
- Opalescence gel contains 20% water to prevent dehydration. It is also specially formulated to prevent shade deterioration during and after teeth whitening process.
- The sticky, viscous formula of opalescence gel helps keep the gel and tray in place and prevent it from flowing to the soft tissues of the mouth.
- Opalescence teeth whitening gel comes in four different concentrations of PF (potassium nitrate and fluoride) for a wide treatment flexibility. There are opalescence 10% PF, 20% PF, 30% PF and 35% PF carbamide peroxide concentrations to suit each patient’s individual situation and different oral health needs. The different concentrations all give the same professional results, only it takes a longer period of time to achieve the results with a lower concentration formula. The wear times varies from 30 minutes to overnight.
- Opalescence teeth whitener is also available in three flavors – Mint, Melon, and Regular – to cater for different tastes.
- It can be worn during the day or at night.
- With the four concentrations and three flavors, and flexibility of day or night wear, patients can completely customize their teeth whitening experience.
- Opalescence after-use care recommended products ensure that you preserve your sparkling white teeth for long without having them staining again. Opalescence Whitening Toothpaste, opalescence toothbrushes and Opalpix toothpicks are perfect in keeping your healthy, bright, white smile.
Where to buy Opalescence teeth whitener
Opalescence is a professional tooth whitening product which it’s designed to be distributed by professional dentists only. Buying it directly from your dentist office guarantees that you get the correct opalescence product which will give you the results you want. Below are some reasons why it’s important to purchase opalescence teeth whitening products only through a professional dentist.
- The product bought is fresh and not expired
- The product bought is original opalescence and not a counterfeit
- The product bought is pure and not contaminated or tainted with other products
- The product bought is effective, safe and trustworthy.
- The product bought is suits your individual situation and oral health needs.
- A professional dentist will treat any sensitive information appropriately
- The professional dentist may offer valuable information relating to available teeth whitening options and products. His advice on how the products work, how they should be used and the precautions to be observed may be found vital. He will also ensure that you get a product that can fit your lifestyle and your budget.
To see which dentists in your area offer opalescence products, use this Find-a-Dentist feature.
Opalescence teeth whitening reviews
You may seek to get the feel of those who have already used opalescence teeth whitening gel and other opalescence products. There are many opalescence teeth whitening reviews. Here are some of the reviews:
Opalescence teeth whitening reviews by Hilandi van Eeden, South Africa
“I absolutely love the product. I am currently on the 10%. I saw great results after my first application (overnight). You will experience some discomfort or sensitivity, but it usually disappears within a day or two after finishing treatment. My teeth looks great and people noticed immediately! Try it & good luck.”
Opalescence teeth whitening reviews by Laura, Sydney, Australia
This is by far THE best whitening product I have ever used! I used to use Pearl Drops toothpaste and gel until I discovered Opalescence! I am currently using the 20% and when finished, planning to get the 35% for touch ups.
- Easy to use
- Quick results – I saw results after the first session, and reached the desired level after just a week. I leave on as per the recommendations (2-4 hours).
- Very well priced, I paid $150 for the moulded tray and also 4 syringes of 20%
- Can get sensitive teeth – I only found this happened when I used too much gel. Desensitizing toothpaste really helps this.
- Gel can be hard to dispense into mould for the first few times
- I use Pronamel just before I use the whitener… This stuff can’t be great for the integrity of the enamel!
- ALWAYS floss AND brush before whitening
- 1/3 of a syringe is all you need for one session, top and bottom. I.e. 4 syringes should last 12 days use
- Too much gel = sore teeth and gums!
You can get access to more opalescence teeth whitening reviews online.